Live Endoscopy Symposium
This is the first live endoscopy symposium in ESPGHAN history taking place on Thursday, 06 June from 14:30h to 16:30h.
|Glasgow Chairs||Priya Narula (United Kingdom)|
Matjaz Homan (Slovenia)
|Sheffield Endoscopists||Mike Thomson (United Kingdom)|
Prithviraj Rao (United Kingdom)
|Sheffield Surgeons||Sean Marven (United Kingdom)|
Richard Lindley (United Kingdom)
|Technical - Glasgow||Richard Hansen (United KIngdom)|
|Technical - Sheffield||Natalia Nedelkopolou (United Kingdom)|
Shishu Sharma (United Kingdom)
Arun Urs (United Kingdom)
Due to the nature of live endoscopy, we cannot give a precise programme with specific timings, however, we will be beaming live cases with commentary from two theatres in the International Academy for Paediatric Endoscopy Training, Sheffield Children‘s Hospital across the course of the afternoon.
We expect to show cases including:
- Laparoscopically-assisted endoscopic jejunostomy
- Endoscopic division of congenital duodenal congenital web
- Multiple polypectomy from PTEN hamartoma tumour syndrome
- Single stage percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy button
- Argon plasma coagulation for anastomotic ulceration
- Over-the-scope clips and Hemospray for gastrointestinal bleeding (if case availability allows)
This will help to showcase some of the GI-surgical interface and also the approaches that prevent the need for formal surgical intervention.
An interactive debate on approaches with audience participation and an ongoing dialogue with the team performing the procedures is expected. We hope it will be instructive as well as stimulating and will be well attended, serving as a spring board for future years.
We advise interested delegates to attend early for this session, which we anticipate being busy.